Saturday, October 15, 2005

Attack of the Giant Mutant Batting

There is a huge roll of batting in the back corner of Jo-Annes. Over the past few weeks it has developed into a gigantic amoeba shape and threatens to take over the entire batting corner. Customers have actually requested to take home portions of this strange new entity - a desire I cannot fathom. Do you want a white fluffly amoeba to take over your living room? Luckilly it has not yet been successfull at surrounding and absorbing anyone (that we know of), nor has it been capable of mitosis - heaven help us if it ever should! When attempting to carry it to the cutting table my head usually disappears within it’s folds and I always have to wonder if I will ever emerge again. I fear if some customer does not rid us of it soon it will suceed in absorbing all other batting material, eventually overflowing into the rest of the store.

1 comment:

luminarumbra said...

Batting! Yay! Puffy puffy puffy!

It was all my mom could do when we were young to keep my brother and I from jumping in it every time we went to the fabric store. It's like some big, fluffy coocoon, although it's very important to find the kind of the proper softness.