Tuesday, December 13, 2005

One chocolate, very rare

So far there has been no evidence of vampire shelves at Barnes & Noble - where I am now working. However I did have a run in with a vampire chocolate the other day. I don't mean chocolates that bite you before you bite them, but, well...here's what happened:
I love dark chocolate. It can make almost any moment divine. So of course I could stand only so much of staring at the bars of godiva dark chocolate piled on a little rack in front of the register I have to stand at for 8 hours a day before it became necessary to eat one. At break I picked out a raspberry truffle dark chocolate bar and bit into it while staring up at the menue of cofees and teas served at the cafe trying to decide what would go best with my chocolate. Then I glanced down. Blood! Dark, red, and oozing out of the center of my chocolate bar! I gaped at it while the 'barista' waited for me to order something.
I'm not really sure what I had expected of a raspberry chocolate bar, perhaps something more pink and creamy.
After a moment of cross checking sight with taste and realising my taste-buds were not in fact experiencing the somehwat metalic taste of blood, I smirked to myself, and stood there musing on all the morbid ideas the bleeding chocolate conjured in my mind. It wasn't exactly the 'divine' moment I had been looking forward to; 'bloody hell' was the first thing that popped into my head.

1 comment:

aelthwyn said...

One chocolate bar was injured in the making of this post.