Thursday, December 07, 2006

you know you're reading too much manga...


noname-manga
Originally uploaded by aelthwyn.
"Customer Order: Name, No"
....when that looks like a real name.

....and then you draw a comic about your linguistically rewired brain malfucntions because you're having trouble thinking in prose. - I won't be starting my own web-comic, heh, but I captured the sequence pretty well. You'll have to view the pic in full size to actually read it*

Nah-may sounds like kind of a cute name don't you think?

*for those non-manga readers, if I know any, you have to read right to left, top to bottom - starting on the righthand page.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I can just see it...

aelthwyn said...

I knew my friends would get this! I love you linguistic people =) I'm sure we've all done stuff like this -- where you read regular words using some other phonetic system and it comes out all unrecognizable, he he

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! Your drawings of yourself are so cute. ::blink blink:: (= hehe.

You saw my blog post a long time back about me trying to decipher a certain Japanese symbol, right? I couldn't figure out what one of them was... until I figured out that it meant "eight," and then I realized it was just the symbol for eight, "8." It was in a weird font, but yikes...

aelthwyn said...

gee thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it =)


yes I remember that one =) hehe