Thursday, September 02, 2010

Impossible Hair

I love animated hair! You can give ridiculous ammounts of it to people with small heads, and it somehow never weighs them down or gets in the way. It never catches on the cuff buttons of passersby nor collects twigs and leaves when it's longer than the person is tall. When sat upon it just magically grows an inch or two to accomodate neck movement. sigh....and it Flows! It's almost weightless so it ripples and tosses as you move your head and billows behind you when the wind blows. It it silky and flows around itself without tangling and matting up. Sometimes it even defys gravity completely and swirls dramtically around you, or stays up in impossible styles with just one tie. Oh! to have hair like that! I love my long hair, but all those amazing hairdos in animes and cartoons are pretty much impossible. You'd have to have WAY too thick of hair to accomplish a lot of those things, it would just weigh your whole head down! alas alas.....

Two Animated Characters whose hair I've always adored are Thumbelina and Megara (from Hercules).

I really like their huge thick pony-tails and the way they stick up behind them. I think I like hairdoes that extend the back of the head *shrug*. I realised today that the impossible huge thick mass of hair sticking way out behind one hair tie is totally possible! Only it's not also possible to have soft swirling waves falling from it. Dreads actually do that same big-animated-pony-tale thing where they stick out behind the head when tied back.....but then they are dreads afterall so they don't exactly flow and swirl in smooth waves. alas!

Needless to say I'm excited to see all that animated hair in the upcoming Tangled (Rapunzel) :D

No comments: