Friday, September 23, 2005

Floating Bloodsucking Jelly-fish!

I am sewing sleves tonight. As I paused to evaluate my handiwork so far I was reminded of the vampire jelly-fish things from Cordelia’s Honor (if Megan Stringfellow hasn’t read that book she should; actually all of you should). How a sleve could remind one of bloodsucking jelly-fish is something you can only understand if you know me. Just immagine...what would Andrea do with striped courderoy? Joi might be able to picture what I’m talking about because she was here for the first part of the sleves - before they developed dangly leggs and an apatite for blood. If you were here now I would be waving them menaceingly at you while grinning and giggling. I expect this would evoke some kind of bizzar retaliation ...but as I am all alone I guess I’ll just sit here and remember favorite scenes from that book while I handstitch the rest of the leggs. I think I will now be reminded of the scene where they blow up the helium filled jelly-fish every time I wear this.

4 comments:

Joi said...

Dang...I should've stayed for the bloodsucking jellyfish....let me know when your next day off is.

Megan said...

Cordelia’s Honor..is that the one where the girl runs off and becomes a sailor?

aelthwyn said...

Cordelia's Honor is a book in the Miles Vorkosigan series, a sci-fi series. The girl does not run off and become a sailor. I won't tell you what happens in case you haven't read it, but I think you would like the main characters -Captain Cordelia Naismith and Aral Vorkosigan.

Tracy said...

Cordelia's Honor is a wonderful book (I personally like the first section, Shards of Honor, the best). I am glad you finally read it. I was getting tired of talking to myself :)