Saturday, June 18, 2005

Clover


N clovers-1dk
Originally uploaded by aelthwyn.
I like clovers. They are green. That is enough to make me like them, but not only are they green -naturally green not painted or dyed- but they are also cute -their little rounded almost heartshaped leaves, and they are delicate, and have fun little pompom flowers (at least one variety) which make nice easy flower chains, and I hear they make good honey too. They are also, of course, associated with Ireland which adds a great deal of charm.
For my birthday my mother bought me a lovely little white teacup with dark green clovers painted on it and gold trim. I am looking at it now - so pretty and delicate and peacefull. Green things always have a soothing effect on me, as does tea - so it’s a perfect combination =)
I should add that I have in fact found several four leaf clovers in my life time. I saved one of them for quite a long time, but I fear it got lost or crushed the last time we moved. Perhaps they are not lucky, but one still feels special havnig found one just because they are so rare.
There was once, well I’m sure it’s still there, a lovely little spot at a camp I went to, under a picturesquly gnarled old tree by a pond where there was a little bench and all about on the ground were clovers. It was a special place to go and sit and reflect. Some friends and I also found a cute little frog there once, I think we named him Bud. ahh....fond memories.  

No comments: