Sunday, June 12, 2005

‘O the Cleverness of Me!’

I am feeling quite proud of myself for figuring out how to change something on my computer which I had at first thought impossible and was vexed about. My roomate had looked into it and said that it was impossible to change it, they hadn’t made this new system with the same options as before, but I figured it out! =) The sound it plays when you change the volume was limited to only the the ‘pop’ sound effect, although you could choose other effects for alerts and such. Well I didn’t like the poping sound, but I did like having the feedback on the sound keys, so I discovered where the sound file was that it played upon changing volume and then opened it up in a sound editing program and erased it and copied one of the other sound effects I liked and put it in there. It wasn’t actulaly that easy, because it wouldn’t let me save the change. So then I did ‘get info’ on it and changed the ‘owner’ information and all that, and made it so I was allowed to edit it, and then I redid my change and that time it saved! Yay! I am very happy now, I like the submarine sound infinately better than the popping noise. You know, the popping noise is a rather dry and flat noise, while the submarine sound does actually sound more wet, and more full too. Hmm.... I wonder if I could change my alert sound to be something from an actual song, rather than one of their sound effects.....

No comments: