Friday, June 17, 2005

Exercises in Anger Management

I must have logged on to AOL at least 20 times during a 2 hour period because my ‘session ended because the AOL host is not responding’. Sometimes it would disconnect me even before the AOL welcome page had finished loading. I really wanted to upload a couple of pictures to the flinter’s website at last but it seemed like the little button ‘upload now’ had been reprogrammed to ‘disconnect now’. Of course it didn’t tell me right away that I wasn’t connected, so I got to sit there for a good long time watching it process, thinking it was uploading pictures only to dicover that I had just wasted 10 minutes watching little arrows go across the screen between 2 little pictures of computers. And I tried it over and over again, so it was really a waste of two or more hours. When it wasn’t pretending to upload my pictures and then giving me the ‘session ended’ alert box, then it was telling me that it couldn’t find or couldn’t communicate with my modem, even though it is internal and could not be disconnected from the computer. Now at the same time I was also handsewing some very sheer, slippery, stretchy fabric which didn’t want to do what it was supposed to. I am typing this the next day which is why this is not a string of colorful names for AOL in all caps. Yeah, that wouldn’t really be like me, but I have to admit to having been feeling like it at the time. Instead I sat there in all the appearance of calmness slowly pinning the sheer fabric. I think I handled it quite well, although I think one should be aiming for the inner peace in the heat of the moment rather than just a show if it. Perhaps it really is too petty a thing to actually get angry over, simply getting your plan foiled, over and over and over, but it is annoying.

No comments: