Wednesday, June 08, 2005

shh...

I seem to have lost my voice. If you happen to hear it anywhere do let me know. It’s rather odd whispering all the time, it makes me feel like it must be really late at night. I think my mother probably appreciated it last night though when Marcy spent the night - usually our talking keeps her up, but I couldn’t actually forget not to whisper, and as it feels odd to talk normal to someone who whispers at you it kept Marcy from forgetting too. It is rather frustrating not to be able to sing right now, but since my throat isn’t actually hurting anymore I can’t complain. It does makes answering the phone rather difficult.
I’d really like to know exactly how ones voice becomes ‘deactivated’. It doesn’t exactly make sense. What makes the sound of yoru voice is two flaps of skin in your throat that vibrate when you blow air through - well, it’s a lot more complicated than that of course, or else we’d be sighing every time we breathed in and out. It seems like it’s not that these flaps of skin just get swollen shut or anything, because you can still breath. It feels more like the ‘wires’ that connect the muscles to your brain are snipped or something, but germs can’t do that. Anyway, it seems to me a very inexplicable phenomenon.

inexplicable is a fun word to say, ‘inexplicable, inexplicable, inexplicable!’ only, well, I can’t exactly say it now. typing it is not so much fun.

No comments: